Did you know that Vieques is a proud member of the TOP TEN Traveler’s Choice awards?
Flights to Vieques from San Juan Seaborne operates a deHavilland Twin Otter DHC-6 plane that accommodates up to 17 passengers. The Seaborne aircraft is the most luxurious plane currently flying to Vieques – in addition to being the largest, it also has plenty of legroom, large panoramic windows, and air-conditioning.
- San Juan to Vieques: 25 minutes, 70 miles
- St. Croix to Vieques: 25 minutes, 73 miles
Antonio Rivera Rodriguez Airport (VQS)
Seaborne Airlines operates its airport operation from the only airport on the island of Vieques, the Antonio Rivera Rodriguez Airport. The airport is located on the north side of Vieques. There is plenty of parking, a taxi stand, wi-fi, and a snack bar that is located just outside the main building.
Activities and Attractions on Vieques
Featured Attraction: Fort Conde de Mirasol
Looming high over the town of Isabel Segunda, the Fort Conde de Mirasol is the most visited tourist attraction in Vieques. The fort dates back to the mid-1800 when it was built by the Spanish to defend Vieques against incoming attacks from pirates and other European powers
- Read The New York Times article '36 Hours on Vieques", February 2010.
- See The New York Times photo slideshow of recent Vieques images.
- Download the brochure about the Vieques National Wildlife Refuge.
- Vieques Events - monthly magazine and website