TERMS & CONDITIONS
CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
When you buy a ticket for travel on Seaborne Airlines, you enter into a contract of carriage with us. The terms of your contract are set forth in:
These Conditions of Carriage
Our published fare rules and regulations, which may govern the calculation of the fare and other charges that apply to your itinerary. If your ticket is priced by seaborneairlines.com, a Seaborne agent, or a computer reservation system, these fare rules and regulations will be included in the calculation of the ticket price that we quote to you.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR SCHEDULE AND OPERATIONS
Seaborne will use its best efforts to carry you and your luggage with reasonable dispatch, but times shown in all publications are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Seaborne may, without notice, substitute alternate aircraft and, if necessary, may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Seaborne is not responsible for or liable for failure to make connections, or to operate any flight according to schedule, or for a change to the schedule of any flight. Under no circumstances shall Seaborne be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages arising from the foregoing.
FORCE MAJEURE EVENTS
Seaborne may, in the event of a force majeure event, without notice, cancel, terminate, divert, postpone or delay any flight or the right of carriage or reservation of traffic accommodations without liability except to issue an involuntary refund. The involuntary refund will be made in the original form of payment in accordance with involuntary refund rules for any unused portion of the ticket. Seaborne will also reserve the right to determine if any departure or landing should be made without any liability except the aforementioned involuntary refund.
Force Majeure Event Means:
Any condition beyond Seaborne’s control including, but without limitation, meteorological conditions, acts of God, riots, civil commotion, embargoes, wars, hostilities, disturbances or unsettled international conditions-actual threatened or reported. Also, because of any delay, demand, circumstances or requirement due, directly or indirectly to such conditions or any strike, work stoppage, slowdown, lockout or any other labor related dispute involving or affecting Seaborne’s service or
- Any government regulation, demand or requirement
- Any shortage of labor, fuel or facilities of Seaborne or other
- Any fact not reasonably foreseen, anticipated or predicted by Seaborne
A reservation service fee of $15.00 per booking shall be charged for all reservations made over the telephone or at the counter. Reservations made online will not be charged a fee. Guests who are members of Seaborne’s Corporate ticket program are exempt.
A $20 surcharge applies for travel in each direction on the following routes:
SJU to/from VQS/LRM/EIS/SKB/NEV/DOM/FDF/PTP, STT to/from STX/VQS/LRM/EIS/SKB/NEV/DOM/FDF/PTP, and SPB to/from SSB
A $27.29 international arrivals surcharge applies for all passengers traveling
LRM/EIS/SKB/NEV/DOM/FDF/PTP to SJU
RESERVATIONS CHANGES & CANCELLATIONS
After ticket is purchased, a $50.00 fee will be charged for EACH change PLUS the difference in applicable fare. Cancellations not made prior at least 24 HOURS prior to flight or a NO SHOW will result in the passenger being charged the full one way fare and return segment cancelled. If your flight departs early in the morning you must call the day prior to cancel. Tickets may be re-issued for a $25 fee plus any difference in fare. Other than the Refundable Y fare, tickets are non-refundable.
Because passengers with confirmed reservations on a flight sometimes fail to show, Seaborne reserves the right to sell more tickets for travel on each flight than there are seats available on the aircraft. If a flight is oversold (more passengers hold confirmed reservations than there are seats available), no one may be denied boarding against his or her will until airline personnel first ask for volunteers who will give up their reservation willingly, in exchange for compensation of the airlines’s choosing. If there are not enough volunteers, other passengers may be denied boarding involuntarily in accordance with the following boarding priority of Seaborne. In such events, Seaborne will usually deny following boarding based upon check-in time, but we may also consider factors such as severe hardships, fare paid, and status within the Seaborne Corporate program. If you are denied boarding involuntarily, you are entitled to a payment of “denied boarding compensation” from the airline unless:
- You have not fully compiled with with the airlines’s ticketing and check-in requirements, or you are not acceptable for transportation under the airlines’s usual rules and practices
- You are denied boarding because the flight is cancelled
- You are denied boarding because a smaller capacity aircraft was substituted for safety or operational reasons
- You are denied boarding due to safety-related weight/balance restrictions that limit payload
The airline is able to place you on another flight or flights that are planned to reach your next stopover or final destination within one hour of the planned arrival time of your original flight.
GENERAL ACCEPTANCE OF BAGGAGE
Baggage is defined as articles, effects and other personal property that is necessary or appropriate for wear, use, comfort or convenience in connection with air travel, whether checked in the cargo compartment or carried in the passenger compartment. All baggage is subject to inspection. Check baggage will be accepted for transportation only on flights on which you are traveling. Seaborne will not accept baggage whose size, weight, or character makes it unsuitable for transportation on the aircraft as determined by Seaborne.
No article will be accepted as baggage if it weighs more than 70 pounds or has a total outside dimension (length plus width plus height) that exceeds the limits of Seaborne aircraft. For specific aircraft limitations, contact Seaborne Airlines.
CHECKING YOUR BAG
Your name must appear on all baggage. Baggage will not be checked:
- To a city not on your routing
- Beyond your next stopover city
- Beyond your final destination City
- Beyond a connection city if the connecting flight departs from an airport different from the arrival airport
Checked baggage may be claimed only by the holder of the baggage claim check. Baggage will not be released unless all sums due Seaborne are paid. Baggage claim checks must be returned to Seaborne on request. Seaborne is not responsible to determine that the holder of the claim check is entitled to the baggage. If baggage claim checks are lost, proof of ownership may be required prior to release of the baggage.
In the event your checked bags do not arrive on your flight, reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that the bag is returned to you within 24 hours. Our goal to return bags with 24 hours applies only when we are the carrier taking you to your final destination.
Listed below are some circumstances that may inhibit our ability to return your bags with 24 hours:
- No local name/address/phone numbers are provided
- You are located at a remote location or an unreachable address, such as a cruise ship or a camping site
- You changed your delivery address, but did not notify us
- We have limited flight schedules to your destination
Operational circumstances prevent Seaborne Airlines from being able to locate or deliver your bags within this time frame.
Seaborne Airlines Carry -on-Baggage Program allows for one small carry on bag plus one personal item per passenger as long as the cary-on-bag fits comfortably in the sizer without being forced and does not exceed overall dimensions of 45 inches (length + width + height). The maximum dimensions cannot exceed any of the following measurements: 22″ long x 14″ wide x 9″ tall of 115 cm (56 x 36 x 23cm). All carry-on-bags will be accepted planeside and delivered planeside at destination. All personal items may not exceed 37 inches (14″ x 14″ x9″/36 x 36 x 23cm) and must fit under the seat or in an overhead compartment (Saab 340B aircraft only) Baggage cannot exceed over 30lbs.
Personal item includes: purse, briefcase, laptop bag OR a similar item such as a tote that does not exceed 37 inches will be allowed in the cabin (length + width + height) and must fit under the seat in front of you (Saab340B aircraft only).
- Items not meeting these requirements must be checked as luggage. When applicable, the normal extra baggage rate will be levied.
- Fragile or valuable items, such as keys, medication or computers should be carried in your personal item.
- Carry-on items which appear too large or irregularly shaped to fit under a seat or in an overhead compartment (where applicable), will not be accepted for passenger cabin stowage.
Any mobility aid or assistive device that is approved for in-cabin transport on Seaborne, and is carried by a qualify disabled passenger, is accepted free of charge and is in addition to normal baggage allowances, provided such aid or device fits in an approved stowage space.
All items must be completely stowed before the airplane may depart.
Seaborne’s baggage allowance for each ticketed passenger depends on the fare paid and the ticketing date. For customers ticketed for travel on Codeshare or Interline itineraries, the luggage allowance and fees of the major airline partner apply, subject to the exemption/limitations noted herein ( AA codeshare customers: If business or first class tickets purchased—3 checked bags free applies however, the Seaborne weight limit of 50 lbs applies)
Y Fares (Unrestricted) O Fares (Restricted) B Fares (Corporate)
1st Bag- Free (up to 50 lbs/23kgs)
2nd Bag- $35/EU27 (up to 50 lbs/23kgs)
3rd Bag- $75/EU58 (up to 50 lbs/23kgs)
All Other Fares
1st Bag- $25/EU20(up to 50 lbs/23kgs)
2nd Bag- $35/EU27 (up to 50 lbs/23kgs)
3rd Bag- $75/EU58 (up to 50 lbs/23kgs)
Overweight ALL Fares (51/24kgs-70 lbs/32kgs)-$50/EU39
No bags allowed that weigh over 70 lbs/32kgs
Sports Equipment (golf clubs & bags, surfboards, etc.)
- Domestic flights: $75
- International flights: $125
Checked or Cabin $100/EU77 One Way ** Pets may be carried onboard the Saab340B and must meet under seat dimensions of 9 x 14 x 14 Must be in approved kennels/carriers with appropriate paperwork.
CHECKED BAGGAGE REQUIREMENTS FOR FLIGHTS TO/FROM Dominica,Fort-De-France-Martinique, Point-A-Pitre-Quadeloupe
- Two checked bags allowed (charges based on fares indicated above)
- Bags cannot exceed overall dimensions of 62 inches/158cm and 50 lbs/23kgs
- Additional baggage and bags that exceed the overall size or weight dimensions will not be accepted
Baggage in excess of allowance will be transported on a space available basis. Passengers are limited to 100 lbs per person and no individual piece of baggage may exceed 70 lbs/32kgs.
“Specialty items” may have additional charges or exceptions to baggage charges. Seaborne is not responsible for any expenses, damages and/or liabilities resulting from baggage above the allowance that cannot travel due to size or weight limitations.
For customers ticketed for travel on Codeshare or Interline itineraries, the baggage allowance and fees of the major airline partner apply, subject to the exemption/limitations noted herein. ( AA codeshare customers: If business or first class tickets purchased—3 checked bags free applies however, the Seaborne weight limit of 50 lbs applies)
Seaborne Airlines does not carry hazardous materials such as spray paint, paint thinner, 140 and over plus proof spirits, pesticides, lye, and any item that contains compressed gases or flammable fuels and/or oils, even if drained. For a complete list of permissible carry-on items, visit the Transportation Security Administration’s web site. A complete list of prohibited hazardous items, including downloadable information can be found on the FAA’s web site.
Firearms and ammunition will be accepted only as checked baggage, subject to the following rules:
- Firearms and ammunition are accepted as checked baggage only and must be declared to an agent at check-in.
- Firearms will only be accepted if unloaded and in a locked, hared-sided container such as a rifle case. TSA approved locks are accepted.
- Ammunition in its original packaging from the manufacturer is preferred, however, it will be accepted in fiber, wood or metal boxes, or other packaging specifically designed to carry small amounts of ammunition. Loose ammunition, magazines or clips will not be accepted.
- No on under 18 years of age may check a firearm
- Ammunition is limited to 11 lbs/5kgs. per passenger
Live Animals will be accepted as carry-on (Saab340B aircraft only) and checked baggage when confined in a container, subject to Seaborne’s rules and charges. Customers with pets traveling as checked luggage are required to present a valid health certificate. To help ensure the well-being of pets traveling as checked baggage, Seaborne adheres to day-of-travel temperature restrictions. Service animals accompanying a disabled passenger travel free of charge and are allowed in the cabin.
PET EMBARGO TO/FROM THESE DESTINATIONS:
The well being of your pet is important to us. Seaborne Airlines processes a high volume of both passengers and checked baggage at various destinations. This results in space constraints in the aircraft’s cabin and baggage compartment. Pets are not permitted to travel in the cabin or as checked baggage on flights to or from St. Kitts, Nevis. Dominica and the Dominican Republic.
Seaborne Airlines will not accept pets presented for shipment to or from St. Kitts, Nevis, Dominica and the Dominican Republic.
• Travelers with tickets issued prior to 6/17/2014 for destinations listed above with confirmed pet reservations will be honored for travel through September 3rd, 2014. No new Reservations
This policy does not apply to service animals.
Seaborne’s liability for loss, delay or damage to checked baggage is limited to the actual proven value or:
- For on-line travel solely on Seaborne with no connecting service, to $500 per passenger
- For interline travel where the Seaborne flight segment is included on the same ticket as a connecting flight segment of another airline with an aircraft of more than 60 seats, to $3,300 per passenger as per federal rules and
- For interline interline travel where the Seaborne flight segment is included on the same ticket as a connecting flight segment of another airline with an aircraft of 60 seats or less, to $500 per passenger, whichever is less.
Seaborne does not assume liability of any of the following items in or as checked baggage: antiques, artifacts, artwork, books and documents, china, computers and other electronic equipment, computer software, fragile items (including child/infant restraint devices such as strollers and car seats) glasses, furs, heirlooms, keys, liquids, medicines, money, orthotics, surgical supports, perishable items, photographic, video and optical equipment, precious metals, stones or jewelry, securities and negotiable papers, silverware, samples, unique or irreplaceable items or any other similar valuable items.
- Seaborne assumes no responsibility for loss, damage or delayed delivery of baggage not acceptable for transportation by Seaborne as checked baggage and items damaged as a result of items contained in checked or transferred baggage.
- Seaborne assumes no liability for musical instruments/recreational/sports items not presented in hard-sided case, or any other fragile item improperly packed
- Seaborne assumes no liability for any rooster or other animal health claim.
- Customers with disabilities traveling with wheelchairs or other mobility devices are exempt from liability restrictions for loss, damage or delays to these items.
- Seaborne assumes no liability for articles carried in the passenger cabin
- Seaborne assumes no liability for minor damage such as scratches, scuffs, stains, dents, cuts and dirt resulting from normal wear and tear.
- Seaborne is not responsible for damage to contents if the outside of the hard-sided case is not damaged
- Seaborne assumes no responsibility for damage to or loss of protruding luggage parts such as wheels, straps, pockets, pull handles, hanger hooks or other items attached to the baggage.
- Seaborne assumes no liability for any indirect, consequential, incidental, punitive or special damages resulting from loss, damage or delayed delivery of checked or transferred baggage, including without limitation, damages for lost revenue or profits, loss of use or business interruption
Seaborne has the right to refuse or accept baggage that does not meet the standards as noted herein. In cases where Seaborne will accept baggage for transport under the condition that the customer agrees to have affixed to the baggage a limited release tag, the customer is hereby on notice that Seaborne is not liable for any damage, loss or delay to such baggage.
Items missing from checked baggage must be reported to Seaborne before leaving the airport or within 24 hours of the receipt of the bag.
In the case of delay or loss, an initial complaint must be presented to Seaborne prior to leaving the arrival airport for which the baggage was checked or should have been checked. At the latest, such initial report must be made within four hours of the arrival of the flight on which the passenger traveled.
In the case of damage to baggage, an itnitial claim must be filed with Seaborne prior to leaving the arrival airport, or at the latest, within 24 hours from the date of receipt of the baggage.
Failure to report delayed or damage baggage or missing contents within the prescribed time limit released Seaborne from liability. All claims of value must be verified with actual purchase receipt and comparable value established by Seaborne. All receipts must be submitted within 10 days of submitted claim.
Legal action premised on or related to damage, delay or loss must be commenced within two years of the date of the incident.
PASSENGER CHECK-IN REQUIREMENTS
Seaborne Airlines requires customers 18 years and older to provide a state or federal government issued ID at check-in (Drivers License, Birth Certificate or Passport is accepted)
US IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENT
Passengers traveling to Puerto Rico must have proof of citizenship, a Passport is preferred, however an original Birth Certificate is acceptable for U.S. Citizens accompanied by a U. S. issued picture I. D. Passengers traveling to any other international requirements of countries visited. Seaborne will not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred if our flight is missed due to improper ID and/or delays incurred by TSA/Customs Border Patrol processing.
RECOMMENDED CHECK-IN TIMES
Seaborne asks that passengers make their best effort to make it to their flight at the recommended time. Passengers who arrive just prior to flight close are not guaranteed passage for themselves or their luggage as priority is first come first serve flight loading based upon approximately 175 lbs per person and 30 lbs of baggage. Initial passengers may exceed these planning limits leaving less weight available for those who are last to check-in. Weather or other flight planning conditions may also require more fuel-further limiting weight available for those who check-in last. While Seaborne makes all efforts to ensure all of our passengers and their luggage arrive at their destination together, those who arrive after the recommended times and with excess luggage allowance stand the chance of being bumped. Bumped guests who arrive prior to flight close will be re-accommodated at no expense on the next available flight.
FLIGHTS DEPARTING PUERTO RICO AND ALL INTERNATIONAL CITIES TO ANY DESTINATION
Recommended check-in time is 2 to 3 hours with flight close 45 minutes prior to flight departure.
Flights between St. Croix and St. Thomas:
Recommended check-in time is 60 minutes with flight close 20 minutes prior to flight departure.
ALL Other Destinations From St. Croix or St. Thomas:
Recommended check-in time is 90 minutes with flight close 45 minutes prior to flight departure.
Check-in for Flights Connections via St. Thomas (STT), St. Croix (STX) or San Juan (SJU)
Connecting Flights TO: If you are connecting TO a major carrier, we suggest you bring only carry-on luggage (please check with your airline for its rules) and to print out your boarding pass ahead of time. This way you may connect directly from Seaborne to your next flight without leaving the terminal. If you do plan on bringing checked items, you will need to collect your luggage at the Seaborne carousel and proceed upstairs to check-in with your carrier and/or proceed through security.
Seaborne Airlines makes their best effort to arrive on-time every time at your destination. As safety is our number one concern, flights may arrive later than planned due to weather or unplanned maintenance. As such, we highly recommend our connecting guests maintain at least 2.5 to 3 hours between the scheduled arrival of your Seaborne flight and your connection. If you have luggage that must be checked please maintain at least 3 hours between connections. Seaborne is not responsible for any expenses, damages, and /or liabilities resulting from missed connections.
Connecting Flights FROM: If you are connecting FROM a major carrier, we suggest you bring only carry-on luggage (please check with your airline for its rules) so you may proceed right to Seaborne gate within the terminal for check-in without going through TSA again. If you have to check luggage with your major carrier you will need to collect you luggage at your airline’s carousel, and proceed upstairs to check-in at Seaborne’s counter before proceeding through security.
Seaborne Airlines makes their best effort to arrive on-time every time at your destination. Inbound flights on your major carrier may arrive later than planned de to weather or unplanned maintenance. As such, we highly recommend our connecting guest maintain at least 2.5 to 3 hours between the scheduled arrival and your Seaborne flight. If you have luggage that must be checked please maintain at least 3 hours between connections. Seaborne is not responsible for any expenses, damages, and /or liabilities resulting from missed connections.
Passengers who have checked-in for a flight and have received a boarding pass must present themselves at the departure gate and be ready to board their flight no later than fifteen (20) minutes prior to departure. Passengers not in the boarding area by this specified item prior to scheduled departure are subject to cancellation.
MISSED YOUR FLIGHT
If you miss your flight by arriving after the flight cutoff time, you will be required to pay a processing fee of $25 plus any difference in fare for the next available flight. Seaborne will not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred if your flight is missed.
ACCEPTANCE OF PASSENGERS
Seaborne may refuse to transport any passenger, and may remove an passenger from its aircraft at any time, for any of the following reasons:
- Compliance with government regulations.
- Passenger refuses to permit a search of his/her person or property.
- Passenger refuses to produce positive identification upon request.
- Passengers’s conduct is disorderly, abusive or violent.
- Passenger appears to be intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
- Passenger fails to comply with or attempts to interfere with any member of the flight crew.
- Passenger has a communicable disease that has been determined by federal public health authority to be transmissible to other persons in the normal cours of flight.
- Passenger has an offensive odor not caused by a disability or illness.
- Passenger is barefoot or not properly clothed.
- Passenger engages in an action, voluntary or involuntary, that might jeopardize the safety of the aircraft of any of its occupants.
- Passenger is unable to sit with the seat belt properly fastened.
- Passenger is unable to ascend/descend seven (7) stairs, enter the passenger door, and make their way to their seat in a crouched position. (Applicable to DHC-6 aircraft)
- Passenger fails to comply with Seaborne’s rules or Contract of Carriage.
- Passenger has a physical or mental condition that in Seaborne’s opinion, is rendered or likely to be rendered incapable of comprehending or complying with safety instructions without the assistance of an attendant.
CARRIAGE OF CHILDREN- ACCOMPANIED
- Children 2 through 11 years of age will be accepted for transportation when accompanied by a passenger at least 16 years of age.
- Infants at least 2 days of age but under 2 years of age will be accepted when accompanied by a passenger at least 16 years of age subject to the following:
- For infants 2 through 6 days of age, a medical statement may be required stating the infant is stable for travel
- One infant under 2 years of age accompanied by a fare paying passenger, may be carried at no charge, on his or her lap.
- The age of the infant is based on the age at commencement of travel
CARRIAGE OF CHILDREN- UNACCOMPANIED
A service charge will be assessed for unaccompanied children on all flights.
- Unaccompanied children-a child/minor under 12 years of age not accompanied on the same flight an n the same compartment by a passenger at least 16 years of age.
- Unaccompanied children under 5 years of age will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- Unaccompanied children will be accepted on nonstop flights only
Guardians dropping off unaccompanied children must complete and sign appropriate paperwork upon check-in and verification made that the guardian at the destination is present and ready to accept the child and sign release paperwork. The child must be met at the destination by another parent or responsible adult.
Seaborne does not accept unaccompanied children when their itinerary includes a connection to /from another airline, including codeshare partners.
Domestic Travel – includes travel within the United States, between the United States and Canada, or between the United States/Canada and Puerto Rico/U.S. Virgin Islands (USVI). A medical certificate is not necessary up to thirty-six (36) weeks gestation of the delivery date in a normal uncomplicated pregnancy. Travel is not permitted when requested within seven days (7) before or after the delivery date. SAC clearance is required.
International Travel – for international travel or any flights over the water, the following applies:
- Travel is not advised within 30 days of the due date, unless the passenger is examined by an obstetrician within 48 hours of the outbound departure and certified in writing as medically stable for flight.
- Travel within ten days of due date must have SAC clearance.
- Travel within seven days after delivery requires SAC clearance.
Post-delivery – a medical certificate dated within 48 hours of scheduled departure will be required for all domestic + international travel initiated within 7 days of delivery for both mother and child.
CARRIAGE OF PASSENGERS WITH DISABILITIES
Seaborne will not refuse to provide transportation to an individual with a disability, as defined in 14CDR 382, based upon his or her disability, except in the following circumstances:
- Passenger would endanger the health or safety of other passengers.
- Transport of disabled passenger would be a violation of FAA safety regulations.
- Passenger fails to provide 48 hours advance notice required for the following services:
- Transportation of an electric wheelchair
- Provision by Seaborne of hazardous materials packaging for the battery of a wheelchair or other assistive device
- Accommodation for 10 or more passengers with disabilities traveling as a group IF Seaborne determines that an attendant is essential for safety, Seaborne may require that a passenger, including a Qualified Individual with a disability meeting any of the following criteria, travel with an attendant as a condition of being provided air transportation:
- A person who, due to mental incapacity, is unable to comprehend or respond appropriately to safety instructions from Seaborne personnel.
- A person with a mobility impairment so severe that the individual is unable to assist in his/her own evacuation.
- A person who has both severe hearing and vision impairments which may prevent him/her from acting on necessary instructions from Seaborne personnel.
If Seaborne determines that a person meeting the criteria above must travel with an attendant, contrary to the individual’s self -assessment that he/she is capable of traveling independently, Seaborne will not charge for the transportation of the attendant. Seaborne is not required to find our furnish an attendant. If there is no a seat available for the attendant, and as a result the disabled passenger (holding a confirmed reservation) is denied travel on the flight, the disabled passenger is eligible for denied boarding compensation.
Applicable to Seaborne’s DHC-6 aircraft (less than 30 seats), there are no specialized lifts, boarding chairs or other devices that can be adapted to assist with enplaning or deplaning passengers with severe mobility issues. Passengers must be able to ascend/descend seven (7) stairs, enter a door, and make their way to their seat in a crouched position on these aircraft. Seaborne personnel are not required to physically carry a person of limited mobility by hand, but may offer stabilization or balance to the passenger if requested.
Personal oxygen supplies, including oxygen concentrators, are not permitted to be used or carried on board and Seaborne is not authorized to provide medical oxygen.
Seaborne accepts for transportation, without charge, trained Service Animals for travel with a Qualified Individual with a disability who requires the animal to assist them in the performance of necessary activities. The animals will be permitted to accompany the passenger in the cabin, if they meet the following conditions of acceptance:
Provide evidence that an animal is a Service Animal which may include identification cards, other written documentation, the type of harness or markings on the harness, tags, or other credible assurances of the Qualified Individual with a disability using the animal. Service Animals must be properly harnessed or leashed and remain under the direct control of the passenger. A Service Animal will be denied boarding or removed from the flight if the animal cannot be contained by the passenger or otherwise exhibits behavior that poses a threat to the health or safety of other passengers or a significant threat of disruption.
Certain Service Animals, such as various breeds of monkeys, must be small enough and confined to fit in the passenger’s space without invading another passenger’s seat area during the entire flight. Service animals may not occupy a seat. If no other seat accommodation can be made and the animal is too big to fit safely in the cabin, the Service Animal must be checked as luggage.
Passengers with Service Animals will not be seated in emergency exit rows. They may not obstruct an aisle or other area that must remain unobstructed in order to facilitate an emergency evacuation.
A Passenger requesting to travel with an animal that is used as an emotional support or psychiatric Service Animal will be required to provide to Seaborne current documentation (i.e., not older than one year from the date of the passenger’s scheduled initial flight) on the letterhead of a licensed mental health professional (e.g., psychiatrist, psychologist, licensed clinical social worker, including a medical doctor specifically treating the passenger’s mental or emotional disability) stating the following:
- Passenger has a mental or emotional disability recognized in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders-Fourth Edition (DSMIV)
- Passenger needs the emotional support or psychiatric Service Animal as an accommodation for air travel and/or for activity at the passenger’s destination
- Individual providing the assessment is a licensed mental health professional and the passenger is under his or her professional care
- Date and type of the mental health professional’s license and toe state or other jurisdiction in which it was issued. Seaborne reserves the right to authenticate any documentation presented.
Seaborne accepts for transportation, without charge, a properly harnessed dog trained in explosive detection, drug search, rescue, or other specific functions, when accompanied by its handler on official emergency business as authorized by an appropriate federal, state, or local government agency. Such official duty status must be documented in writing to the satisfaction of Seaborne. The dog will be permitted to accompany its handler into the cabin, but not to occupy a seat.
Local regulations at the passengers’s final or intermediate destination(s) may apply and impose further requirements or restrictions. The passengers assumes full responsibility for the safety, well-being, and conduct of its Service Animal, including the interaction of the Service Animal with other passengers who may come in contact with the animal while on board the aircraft, and for compliance with all governmental requirements, regulations, or restrictions, including entry permits and required health certificates of the country, state, or territory from and/or to which the animal is being transported.
COMPLAINT RESOLUTION OFFICIAL
At any time during the course of travel, customers with disabilities can contact ad specially trained Complaint Resolution Official (CRO). The CRO’s responsibility is to resolve complaints, disagreements, or alleged violations to Department of Transportation regulations. Our CRO’s are available through our Operations Control Center during all operating hours by asking a Seaborne agent for assistance.
Some tickets are non-refundable. If you have a refundable ticket, Seaborne will issue a refund as follows:
- If the ticket is totally unused, the full amount paid will be refunded.
- If the ticket is partially used, the refund will be the difference between the fare paid and the fare for the transportation actually used as determined by the applicable rules.
Tickets will be refunded only to the person named on the ticket as passenger, except that:
- Tickets purchased with a credit card will be refunded only as a credit to the credit card account
- Tickets issued against a government transportation request will be refunded only to the government agency which issued the transportation request.
- Once travel has commenced, refund requests for lower fares will not be honored
Seaborne will strive to process eligible refunds in the time frames set out below, upon receipt of all required information.
For all eligible tickets purchased with a credit card or cash, refunds will be provided within 7 business days of receipt of the required refund information. The credit card refund may take up to two billing cycles before appearing on a credit card statement, so you should contact your credit card company directly to verify receipt of the credit. Tickets purchased with a check will be refunded within 20 days of receipt of the required information.
Refunds for tickets may be obtained by contacting Seaborne Airlines Reservations.
World Plaza Building, 9th Floor
268 Muñoz Rivera Ave.
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00918
Certain refund requests cannot be accommodated in the time frames discussed above. Tickets that were purchased outside the U.S. require special handling because we must ensure that currency conversion rates are calculated correctly. Refund for credit card purchases will be made only to the credit card account.
To ensure a prompt refund you must submit all required documentation and information including:
- Valid ticket submitted to us before expiration date-tickests expire one year from the dated of issue
- Ticket number for electronic tickets
- Brief written explanation
- Your name, address, and telephone number(s), email address, from of payment used to purchase the ticket
In the event the refund is required because of Seaborne’s failure to operate on schedule or refusal to transport, the following refund will be made directly to you :
- If the ticket is totally unused, the full amount paid (with no service charge or refund penalty)
- If the ticket is partially used, the applicable fare for the unused segment(s)
Seaborne shall not be obligated to refund any portion(s) of a ticket which does not reflect a confirmed reservation on a Seaborne flight involved in a schedule irregularity, unless such ticket was issued by Seaborne. Whether the refund is voluntary or involuntary, Seaborne reserves the right to refuse to make any refund in a currency other than the currency of purchase or in a country other than country of purchase.
OPTIONAL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
The following optional products and services will be eligible for a refund if you are unable to use the product or receive the service due to denied boarding (either voluntary or involuntary) caused by an oversold flight. If the product and/or service was provided on an alternate flight, no refund will be provided. Optional products and services potentially impacted by flight oversales include but are limited to :
- Confirmed Flight Change
- Baggage Fees and Charges (including excess luggage, pets, sports or hunting equipment)
If your optional product or service purchase meets the above eligibility and you wish to submit a refund request, you will be required to mail in your original documents to Seaborne Airlines at the address below before you request can be processed.
World Plaza Building, 9th Floor
268 Muñoz Rivera Ave.
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00918
When submitting a refund request please include:
- The passenger’s name
- The form of payment used (including the last four digits of the credit card number, if applicable)
- The ticket number(s)
- The date of travel
- The departure city and destination city
- Original receipt for optional product purchase/fee payment
A valid ticket must be presented for transportation. Tickets for itineraries with more than one flight segment must be used in accordance with the sequence of flights as they appear in the ticketed itinerary and receipt. Tickets are valid for use, reissue or refund only by the passenger named on the ticket. Unless otherwise indicated, tickets are not transferable.
PERIOD OF VALIDITY
Unless your ticket indicates otherwise, tickets are valid for transportation for one year from date of initial use, or if unused, for one year from date of purchase.
LOWEST FARE AVAILABILITY/GUARANTEED FARE
Customers calling our reservations office or visiting our airline ticket counters will be offered the lowest available fare (exclusive of internet-only fares) when specific dates and times are provided. In the event the lowest available fare is not quoted, Seaborne’s liability is limited to the difference between the fare quoted and the lowest available fare for which the customer was eligible at that time.
When you make a telephone reservation with Seaborne Airlines or when you make a reservation via seaborneairlines.com, the fare quoted will be guaranteed for 24 hours or until 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time the following day, whichever allows you more time. If you elect to make changes to the itinerary within this time-frame, the ticket price may change.
If you wish to pay for your ticket with any paper currency, such as cash or business check, it must be done at a Seaborne counter.
DELAYS, CANCELLATIONS AND DIVERSIONS
Seaborne Airlines will provide customers at the airport and onboard an affected aircraft with timely and frequent updates regarding known delays, cancellations and diversions and will strive to provide the best available information concerning the duration of delays and to the extent available the flight’s anticipated departure time.
We are not responsible for any special, incidental or consequential damages if we do not meet this commitment.
When cancellations and major delays are experienced, you will be rerouted on our next flight with available seats. If the delay or cancellation was caused by events within our control and we do not get you to your final destination on the expected arrival day, we will provide reasonable overnight accommodations, subject to availability.
Seaborne will provide amenities for delayed passengers, necessary to maintain the safety and/or welfare of certain passengers such as customers with disabilities, unaccompanied children, the elderly or others to whom such amenities will be furnished consistent with special needs and/or circumstances.
ESSENTIAL NEEDS DURING EXTRAORDINARY DELAYS
In the case of extraordinary events that result in very lengthy onboard delays, Seaborne will make every reasonable effort to ensure that essential needs are met. We are not responsible for any special, incidental or consequential damages if we do not meet this commitment.
Seaborne seaplane operates in a seashore and marine environment and unavoidably, our facilities are often slippery or wet. Passengers are urged to use extreme caution on all docks, ramps, floats, and when entering and exiting aircraft. Please do not hesitate to take extra time or seek assistance in moving about facilities or on and off our aircraft, as your safety and that of our employees is our highest priority.
Our Concierge department is dedicated to addressing customer comments and unresolved concerns. The Concierge department will respond to our customer’s written complaints within 60 days.
Concierge can be reached as follows:
World Plaza Building, 9th Floor
268 Muñoz Rivera Ave.
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00918
Last Change: September 06, 2011
- PropertyDamageClaimForm (PDF)