a. Due to the size and nature of our aircraft, issues with weight and balance do arise. Seaborne Airlines assumes no responsibility for delayed baggage removed from a flight due to weight and balance safety concerns. See loss and delay section.
- Your name, address, email and telephone number including area code, must appear on the outside of all baggage.
- Baggage will not be checked:
- To a city not on your routing
- Beyond your next stopover city
- Beyond your final destination city
- Beyond a connection city if the connecting flight departs from an airport different from the arrival airport
- Seaborne Airlines refuses to accept property as baggage which, because of its nature or characteristics will or may cause damage to other baggage; and any baggage
- Checked baggage may be claimed only by the holder of the baggage claim check. Baggage will not be released unless all sums due Seaborne are paid. Baggage claim checks must be returned to Seaborne on request. Seaborne is not responsible to determine that the holder of the claim check is entitled to the baggage. If baggage claim checks are lost, proof of ownership may be required prior to the release of the baggage.
- In the event your checked bags do not arrive on your flight, reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that the bag is returned to you within 24 hours. Our goal to return bags with 24 hours applies only when we are the carrier taking you to your final destination.
- Listed below are some circumstances that may inhibit our ability to return your bags within 24 hours:
- No local name/address/phone numbers are provided
- You are located at a remote location or an unreachable address (i.e. a cruise ship or camping site)
- You changed your delivery address but did not notify us
- We have limited flight schedules to your destination
- Operational circumstances prevent Seaborne Airlines from being able to locate or deliver your bags within this time frame.
- Effective December 1st, 2017, all Seaborne counters are cashless. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, are alternative ways to pay. Please plan accordingly when purchasing a ticket or baggage charge payments
- Seaborne Airlines Carry-on-Baggage Program allows for one small carry-on bag plus one personal item per Passenger as long as the carry-on-bag fits comfortably in the sizer without being forced and does not exceed overall dimensions of 45 inches (length + width + height).
- The maximum dimensions cannot exceed any of the following measurements: 22″ long x 14″ wide x 9″ tall of 115 cm (56 x 36 x 23cm).
- All carry-on-bags will be accepted planeside and delivered planeside at the destination, except in instances where customs agencies and government authorities do not allow this.
- All personal items may not exceed 37 inches (14″ x 14″ x9″/36 x 36 x 23cm) and must fit under the seat or in an overhead compartment (Saab 340B aircraft only).
- Baggage cannot exceed over 30lbs.
- If carry-on bag does not comply with size or weight restrictions, the bag will be considered a checked bag and charges will apply. This includes all Codeshare and Interline travel and seaplane passengers
- Personal item includes: purse, briefcase, laptop bag OR a similar item such as a tote that does not exceed 37 inches will be allowed in the cabin (length + width + height) and must fit under the seat in front of you (Saab340B aircraft only).
- Items not meeting these requirements must be checked as luggage. When applicable, the normal extra baggage charge will be levied.
- Fragile or valuable items (i.e. keys, medication or computers) should be carried in the personal item.
- Carry-on items which appear too large or irregularly shaped to fit under a seat or in an overhead compartment (where applicable), will not be accepted for Passenger cabin stowage.
- Any mobility aid or assistive device that is approved for in-cabin transport on Seaborne, and is carried by a qualify disabled Passenger, is accepted free of charge and is in addition to normal baggage allowances, provided such aid or device fits in an approved stowage space.
- All items must be completely stowed before the airplane may depart.
- Seaborne Airlines accepts no responsibility for poorly packed carry-on baggage that must be checked planeside. In the event of damage, Seaborne Airlines is hereby released of any liability for such damage.
The following baggage allowance and charges apply for travel on Seaborne Airlines
**** An airport checked bag service charge is applied along with any applicable overweight or oversize service charges. ( example: checked charge + overweight charge + oversized charge = Total Charge) The maximum length for any item is 84 inches.
Effective December 1st, 2017, all Seaborne counters are cashless. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, are alternative ways to pay. Please plan accordingly when purchasing a ticket or baggage charge payments.
GENERAL ACCEPTANCE OF BAGGAGE
- Baggage is defined as articles, effects and other personal property that is necessary or appropriate for wear, use, comfort or convenience in connection with air travel, whether checked in the cargo compartment or carried in the Passenger compartment. All baggage is subject to inspection. Check baggage will be accepted for transportation only on flights on which you are traveling. Seaborne will not accept baggage whose size, weight or character makes it unsuitable for transportation on the aircraft as determined by Seaborne.
- No article will be accepted as baggage if it weighs more than 50 pounds or has a total outside dimension (length plus width plus height) that exceeds the limits of Seaborne aircraft unless an excess baggage charge is paid. For specific aircraft limitations, contact Seaborne Airlines.
- Seaborne Airlines will not accept for carriage medicines, money, checks, securities, jewelry (including watches), wigs, cameras, video, audio and other electronic equipment (including computers, software or music devices), CDs, DVDs, automotive parts, boat parts, silverware, optical equipment (including contact lenses), dental and orthodontic devices or equipment, keys, negotiable papers, securities, business documents, samples, items intended for sale, paintings, antiques, artifacts, manuscripts, animal antlers, furs, irreplaceable books, writing instruments, heirlooms, collector’s items or publications and similar valuables contained in checked or unchecked baggage. Excess valuation may not be declared on any such items. Passengers are encouraged to carry such valuable items personally. In the case of domestic and international transportation, Seaborne Airlines reserves the right to require the Passenger to sign a limited liability release before accepting any such items for transportation. In the case of domestic and international transportation, if any valuable items of the type described in this paragraph are lost, damaged or delayed, Passenger will not be entitled to any reimbursement or compensation from Seaborne Airlines, whether or not a limited liability release has been signed by Passenger.
- Seaborne Airlines shall not be liable for loss or damage to items including but not limited to baggage wheels, pockets, pull handles, handles, zippers, hanger hooks, external locks, pull straps or security straps resulting from fair wear and tear or the ordinary handling of baggage.
- Further Seaborne Airlines shall not be liable for loss damage or delay caused by manufacturer’s defect, by over packed baggage, or as a result of the inherent defect or quality of the baggage. Under no circumstances shall Seaborne Airlines be liable to any Passenger for any type of special, incidental or consequential damages related to the damage, loss or delay of checked baggage.
- Improperly Packaged and Damaged Items; Late Items – Seaborne Airlines reserves the right to refuse to transport items that are improperly packaged or that are damaged at the time the item is checked, or that are presented to be checked as baggage less than thirty (30)minutes before scheduled flight departure. Refer to Check-in and Arrival Section restrictions relating to travel to and from international destinations. If such items are accepted, Seaborne Airlines is not liable for any loss or damage resulting from the inherent defect or quality of the item. As a condition of accepting such items, Seaborne Airlines may require the Passenger to sign a limited liability release form. Seaborne Airlines shall not be responsible for loss, damage or delay of such items whether or not such a limited release has been signed by the Passenger.
- Fragile and Perishable Items as Baggage – Seaborne Airlines, in its discretion, may refuse to accept any fragile or perishable goods. For domestic and international transportation, Seaborne Airlines assumes no liability for fragile or perishable goods. Excess valuation may not be declared on such items. If Seaborne Airlines does accept such goods for transportation, in the case of domestic and international transportation it reserves the right to require the Passenger to sign a limited release with respect to such goods. In the case of domestic and international transportation, Seaborne Airlines shall not be responsible for loss, damage or delay of such fragile items whether or not such a limited release has been signed by the Passenger. Fragile items include, without limitation items such as bicycles, blueprints, cameras, ceramics, china, crystal, dolls, figurines, flash equipment, flowers, glass or glass containers, lenses, maps, mirrors, models, musical instruments or equipment, paintings, perfumes, makeup, liquids, bottles, plants, sculptures, strollers trophies, vases and wines. Perishable items include, without limitation, items such as fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, poultry, bakery products and other forms of food, flowers and floral displays and plants. Such items may also be subject to applicable agriculture rules of the destination jurisdiction. Improperly Packaged and Damaged Items;
- Late Items – Seaborne Airlines reserves the right to refuse to transport items that are improperly packaged or that are damaged at the time the item is checked, or that are presented to be checked as baggage less than thirty (30) minutes before scheduled flight departure. Refer to Passenger Check-in Requirements for restrictions relating to travel to and from international destinations. If such items are accepted, Seaborne Airlines is not liable for any loss or damage resulting from the inherent defect or quality of the item. As a condition of accepting such items, Seaborne Airlines may require the Passenger to sign a limited liability release form. Seaborne Airlines shall not be responsible for loss, damage or delay of such items whether or not such a limited release has been signed by the Passenger.
- Inspection of Passengers and Baggage
- Baggage tendered for transportation either as checked baggage or as carry-on baggage is subject to inspection for security and safety reasons. Passengers and their baggage are subject to inspection with or without the passenger’s consent or knowledge.
- Seaborne Airlines is not liable for any damage caused by airport or security inspections such as TSA or U.S. Agriculture Department. To file a claim with TSA go to the following link: https://www.tsa.gov/travel/passenger-support/claims
In the unfortunate event your bags do get misplaced, Seaborne’s Baggage Central Office is ready to assist. Please see the following information to help us retrieve your bag and get it to you as quickly as possible.
Our Central Baggage Office is open 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (Mid Atlantic Time) with dedicated personnel standing by to take care of your concerns and inquires.
Remember to include in your email the following:
- Your name as it appears on your reservation
- Reservation confirmation number
- Checked bag tag number
- Contact phone number
- Bag Description