Travel With Your Best Friend!
Seaborne Airlines will accept domestic cats, dogs and household birds for transportation in the passenger compartment and as checked baggage.
The acceptance of animals is subject to the conditions below:
- When traveling with a pet, please mention to the Reservations Agent at time of booking
- The animal must be harmless, inoffensive, odorless, and require no attention during transit
- The animal must be confined in a container subject to inspection and approval by the Carrier before acceptance
- The passenger must make all arrangements, and assume full responsibility for complying with any applicable laws, customs, and/or other governmental regulations, requirements, or restrictions of the country, state, or territory to which the animal is being transported.
- Cabin or Cargo pet must travel with a passenger
Traveling with pets on American Airlines
Traveling with pets on Delta Air Lines
Traveling with pets on JetBlue
Traveling with pets on United
Traveling with pets on Vieques Air Link
- The maximum number of animal containers per aircraft is 2 in cargo and 10 in the cabin (Please call Reservations Saab340B only), in order to ensure the safety and well being of any animal transported
- Seaplane Pet Travel-Pease be advised that PETS are ONLY ALLOWED in the CARGO HOLD in a HARD KENNEL.The Seaplane does not allow pets in SOFT KENNELS inside the Cabin. Due to the small size of the cargo hold, only small hard kennels (size 21″ L X 16″ W X 15″ H) and medium hard kennels (size 32 ” L X 22.5″ W X 24″H) are accepted.
- Carriage of animals is limited to one animal per container, except that two kittens or two puppies under 10 weeks of age, will be permitted in a single container
- Containers for transporting animals must be supplied by the passenger
- Containers must be leak proof, structurally sound, free from all broken wires or protrusions, and properly ventilated
- Containers must be large enough for pet to stand, sit and change positions comfortably
- Containers must never be locked as animals must be accessible in case of emergency
- Animals are not permitted with unaccompanied children
- Animals are not permitted to occupy a passenger seat as cabin-seat baggage
- After passenger check-in, the animal must remain in the container at all times while in the boarding area and on board the aircraft
- The container must be stored under the seat directly in front of the passenger
- Passengers are limited to one animal container each
- For the safety of your pet, you cannot travel with a pet if the current or forecasted temperature is above 85 degrees Fahrenheit at any location on the itinerary
- Seaborne will not accept snub-nosed or pug-nosed dogs and cats
- Always check with the Contract of Carriage for additional information